Finally put those Pinterest boards to good use.
Zoe Burnett / BuzzFeed
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales from the links on this page.
1. Transform small (like microwaves) and big (like dishwashers) appliances alike into stainless-steel beauts with a liquid stainless kit.
Get a range and dishwasher kit from Amazon for $24.95.
2. Swap out old gate hardware for something substantial and pretty, like this ornamental pull and latch, to give your outdoor rooms a little special treatment.
Get the full tutorial on Oh So Lovely here.
Get the hardware from Amazon: Pull for $6.28. Gate latch for $15.95.
3. Paint an old ceiling fan — without removing it from the ceiling — a modern shade instead of shelling out for a new one.
Get the full tutorial (including how to DIY a spray painting booth) on In My Style here.
Get the supplies from Amazon: Quart of Rust-Oleum ultra cover premium latex for $8.87. Can of Rust-Oleum gloss white spray paint for $3.98.
4. Turn an old headboard into a cute entryway bench that’ll liven up your front porch.
Get the full building tutorial from Duke & Duchesses here.
5. Ravamp ugly kitchen cabinets with chalk paint and new pulls. (Swapping out your kitchen cabinets for a new set can cost you $10K+!!!)
Amy Howard Home
Watch the full tutorial from Amy Howard at Home on YouTube here.
Get the supplies from Ace Hardware: One Step Chalk Paint for $15.99. Light Antique Wax for $15.99. Dark Antique Wax for $15.99.
6. Set up a dressing area with a clothing rack that’d put Mariah Carey to shame. JK. But it’ll make getting dressed easier.
Get it from Urban Outfitters for $98. / Available in two colors.
7. Update an old wall with budget shiplap for less than $50.
Get the full tutorial on Honeybear Lane here.
Underlayment available from your local hardware store.
8. Sponge on a pricey looking faux-stone countertop — at a fraction of the cost for the real deal — with a granite paint kit.
Watch the full tutorial from Giani on YouTube here.
Get a small kit (enough for a bathroom) from Giani for $34.95 or a large kit (enough for a kitchen) from Amazon for $72.71.
10. (Finally) corral all your home office or craft supplies into a streamlined DIY filing chest so you have more space for fun stuff.
Get the full building tutorial on Build-Basic here.
11. Pump up the style on plain doors by adding molding and paint for a crisp, new look.
Get the full tutorial on Damask Love here.
Get the moulding tools from Amazon: Clamping miter box for $11.85. Hand saw for $11.98.
Get the full tutorial on How About Orange here.
Get a 18”x24” faux tin-tile panel from Amazon for $20.97.
14. Create an organized office area with a cute memo board that double tasks as a dry-erase board and chalkboard.
Get the full tutorial on DIY Candy here.
Get the supplies from Amazon: Scallop FrogTape for $7.01. Chalkboard paint for $5.44.
15. Make a crate pet bed, aka a new throne from which your cat or small dog to deliver some MAJOR Blue Steel.
Get the full tutorial on eat.sleep.make here.
Get the supplies from The Home Depot: 18”x12.5”x9.5” wood crate for $11.97. 4” table leg for $1.52.
16. Swap builder-grade doorknobs for a jewel-like doorknob to seriously elevate a plain door.
Check out more pretty doorknob swaps on Julie Blanner here.
Get a similar doorknob from Anthropologie for $38.
18. Carve out some space for a (pretty) mudroom with a rustic entryway coat rack and a few storage accessories to complete the nook.
Get the full coat rack tutorial on Liz Marie Blog here.
Complete the rest of the look with products from Amazon: Heavy-duty boot tray for $12.99. Storage step stool for $48.99. 2’x3’5” jute rug for $29.
19. Create a sense of space in the bedroom with a salvaged door headboard that’ll make your existing bedroom decor POP.
Get the full tutorial on My So Cal’d Life here.
20. Designate a cute place to entertain in your backyard by building a cool outdoor buffet.
Get the full tutorial on Oleander + Palm here.
DIY a similar look by putting two metal cabinets together from IKEA for $35 each.
21. Make over a pair of old accent chairs with a new high-gloss paint job.
Get the full tutorial on Organize and Decorate Everything here.
Get a can of clear high-gloss spray paint from Amazon for $5.81.
22. Mask an ugly concrete balcony surface with interlocking teak flooring tiles that can be easily uninstalled.
Get the full tutorial on oh everything handmade here.
Get a set of 10 12”x12” tiles from Amazon for $54.92.
23. Turn an empty corner into an adorable reading nook for growing book worms.
Get the full nook tutorial here and mini lounger tutorial here on Small Friendly.
Get the supplies from Amazon: 12” embroidery hoop for $3.37. Red sheer curtains for $3.99.
24. Establish a garden focal point with an easy to install trellis or arbor.
Get them from Amazon for $45.59 (trellis), $109.98 (arbor).
25. Craft your own geometric wall art with wood boards, painter’s tape, and craft paint.
Get the full tutorial on The Pretty Life Girls here.
Get wooden boards from your local hardware store.
26. Liven up a linen closet by painting shelf edges a bright hue from a paint sample. Then use some scrap leather to make sophisticated labels.
Get the full tutorial on Our Humble Abode here.
Get a sheet of faux leather from Michaels for $25.89.
27. Add some style to your bedroom without losing any space with a peel-and-stick headboard wall decal.
Get them from Blik for $40+ (left, right).
28. And give a boring corner of your home some ambience with a rich, moody paint color.
John Bessler / Benjamin Moore
We dig Benjamin Moore’s Shadow. It has way more personality than the Kermit-the-frog Pantone color of the year, anyway.