20 Reasons Why My Heart Will Always Be In Southern California
There are so many things to love about Southern California that it’s hard to know where to begin. SoCal is more than just a place. It’s a lifestyle. It’s home. It’s vacation. It’s a never-ending feast for the senses. If you’ve ever lived here, visited or just daydreamed about this pocket of the country, you know exactly what I mean.
Here are a few reasons why I can’t get enough of this part of the world. Buckle up and enjoy the ride; you’re going to fall in love with Southern California all over again.
1. Lazy Sundays at the park. Lounging on a blanket of green grass in Santa Monica with the view of the ocean off in the distance.
2. Awesome hikes on the Pacific Crest Trail…
3. Like this one in the Sheep Mountain Wilderness. The beauty never ends around here.
4. Relaxing days at the beach with the sound of the ocean rushing up against the sand.
5. The brilliant color of a SoCal sky at dusk. Such a beautiful mix of colors at Sycamore Canyon in the Inland Empire.
6. Unbelievable seafood! Yumm!
7. And fresh, organic produce from the local farmers market.
8. Speaking of farmers’ markets…there are soooo many to choose from in SoCal. Take your pick!
9. The weather can’t be beat. Blue skies and sunny days all year long!
10. Team spirit in SoCal. Gotta love the Angels!
Don’t judge me — I love them all equally!
13. Can’t get enough of the fields of wildflowers that bloom every spring in brilliant bursts of color.
14. The Cove in La Jolla is one of those magical beaches in SoCal that makes my heart happy.
15. Perfect walking paths along the water. Man I love the sound of ocean waves!
16. So many gorgeous piers throughout Southern California. Perfect for a stroll and an epic view of the ocean.
17. An umbrella, a good book and an endless view of the ocean is all you need for a day of bliss in SoCal.
18. When you get tired of lounging at the beach, there are so many stunning mountains just waiting to be explored.
19. Outdoor dining with epic views like this gem in Avalon.
20. Last but not least, there’s truly nothing like the warm glow of a SoCal sunset to wrap up the day like this magic moment in San Clemente.
If you ever need a little pick-me-up, just look at these photos of Southern California and it will bring a smile to your face. What a treat to live here!
From Only in Your State ~ Riverside at #5 FTW!! ~