24 Glam Decor Ideas For People Who Love Classic Hollywood
Recreate the golden age of Hollywood with plenty of velvet.
posted on Mar. 23, 2016, at 7:01 a.m.
Andrew Richard / BuzzFeed
1. Treat yourself with a vanity worthy of any dressing room.
Check out how to make your own lighted mirror here.
2. And complete it with these ornately glam accessories.
4. Get ready for your close-up with this converted box camera from the 1930’s.
Get this vintage cinema wall sconce at Light and Time Art.
5. Or pay homage to the lighting that bathed the stars in that classic glow.
Get this stage lighting patent poster at Patent Prints.
6. Make your very own vintage movie marquee.
. Learn to do it here.
7. Display this 1940’s souvenir booklet from the historic Grauman’s Chinese Theatre.
8. Hang a colorful depiction of some boss Hollywood leading ladies.
9. Update your home theater with this end table fashioned to look like a movie reel.
Find it at Jet.com.
10. Collect custom dolls of classic Hollywood icons in their most fashionable outfits.
You can get Mary Astor from the Maltese Falcon on the left, or bombshell Veronica Lake on the right, among others from Uneek Doll Designs.
11. Make yourself an Oscar out of Ken dolls.
Better Homes and Gardens / Via bhg.com
To hold your winning bouquet, obvi. Check out how to do it here.
12. Or string a garland of stars to rival those on the Walk of Fame.
Learn to make one here.
13. Store your most precious trinkets in velvet-lined glamour.
Vintage silver heart-shaped trinket box from RND Vintage Traders.
14. Create a cinematic ambiance with some old film negatives and a candle votive.
Wrap them the candle holder, light the candle, and project the classics. See how to do it here.
15. Nothing says glam like a velvet tufted headboard.
Get the DIY tutorial here.
16. Except perhaps a mirrored dresser reflecting your teeny tiny puppy.
Learn to DIY your own mirrored dresser here. (Puppy not included.)
17. Hang a chandelier dripping in pearls and crystals:
But, you know, an affordable one. See how to make one for yourself here.
18. This map of Los Angeles in 1932 lets you see the world the way the stars of yesteryear did.
Get the print at Pelican View.
19. Store your wine in a repurposed film reel.
Drinks were big in Classic Hollywood. Get it at Bambeco.
20. And take your drinking to the Hollywood level with a crystal decanter.
Get this complete set at Gifts Direct.
21. And don’t forget to pop champagne with these DIY flutes.
Get this gold dot champagne flute DIY here.
22. Adorn your living room with the two most glamorous materials there are: sequins and velvet.
24. Go big with opulent, feather-adorned lighting.
Feathers and fur, baby. Find this crystal and ostrich feather piece at Featherology2